Whitefriars Sailing Club - The Friendly Sailing Club
March 2021 Update
Spring has sprung and we're delighted to announce (subject to last minute government rule changes) our club is reopening on the 29th March, just in time for Easter. Clearly, we will be under certain restrictions for the next few months, but it does feel like a little light at the end of the tunnel is starting to appear.
Our plans for Easter and beyond are developing nicely, so we’d like to share a few highlights to entice you back down to Whitefriars.
What’s open from the 29th March:
- All recreational sailing and access to the boat park and lake
- All group activities (within certain restrictions on numbers, times and activities) please see your Group Leads plans and communications for details
- Training Courses, mainly in single handers (without any indoor theory sessions)
- Racing Programme, as normal with the social distancing protocols that we deployed last year back in play (see club website for details)
- Toilets are available on a ‘one in – one out’ basis, hand sanitiser must be used, masks must be worn, and all surfaces touched, wiped down with cleaning wipes
- Kitchen is available on a ‘one in – one out’ basis for self-service hot and cold drinks in disposable cups and all surfaces touched, wiped down with cleaning wipes. Hand sanitiser must be used, masks must be worn
- For anyone willing to lean in and help? We will have a few outside jobs that need doing around the boat park and grounds – Barry Hargreaves will advise nearer the time
- As things are likely to change see our website calendar for the most up to date information
Friendly. Accessible. Fun.
Whatever your age or sailing ability, diehard racer, newcomer to sailing or you simply love mucking about on the water, here at The Whitefriars Sailing Club our focus is on making sailing fun and accessible for all.
Situated on the stunning Cotswold Water Park, Whitefriars is run by the members for the members. We believe that by striking a healthy balance between competition and fun we can give everyone access to the same opportunities to learn, improve and participate as much or as little as they want.
That’s why we offer a diverse range of on and off the water activities, including racing, cruising, an extensive RYA training programme and a whole host of social activities for all the family. Proud to be one of the top clubs in the UK for our Sailability capabilities, our friendly team of enthusiastic volunteers support this varied programme throughout the year.
Ashton Keynes | 5°