STAGE 1 LIMITED RETURN TO RECREATIONAL SPORTING ACTIVITY
The Club is partially reopening with the operating restrictions detailed below for Sailing, Kayak/SUP or RC Sailing. The premise must be to enable exercise in the safest manner we can and so we have looked to minimise the risks to everyone.
Whilst we have sought to create a safe set of practices here, we cannot reasonably legislate for every situation and we must all be mindful of our ‘personal responsibility’ for Health and Safety and the consideration of others.
Limiting numbers at the pinch points will help sustain safe separation for social distancing. Managing shared contact points inside and outside the clubhouse will be critical to our ability to operate e.g. gates, doors, toilets and slipways.
The method to limit numbers will be a booking system on the website to enable you to choose a time to come and sail. We have proposed a sensible and simple time block system.
The clubhouse will only be available for use of toilets and must rely on you to clean touch points thoroughly entering, leaving, and locking – changing areas & showers will be taped off and are out of bounds. This is to protect fellow members from possible infection – we must do everything we can to prevent spreading the virus and triggering more outbreaks.
We need your support and self-policing to make this work as safely as possible. If there are blatant breaches of these guidelines, we will take action against those involved.
Time slots available will be:
- 9:30 to 12:30
- 13:00 to 16:00
- 16:30 to 19:30
These will be available seven days a week but limited to no more than 12 household units per session.
STAGE 1 – LIMITED RETURN TO RECREATIONAL SPORTING ACTIVITY
The critical core measures remain the same:
- Maintain strict Social Distancing.
- Maintain rigorous Hygiene Standards.
- Do not come to the Club if you have a temperature or been in contract with someone with Covid symptoms in the last 14 days.
All existing club rules are still in force supplemented by the following:
- All activity must be recreational only
- There will be no access to any club boats (hire, training, juniors, sailability, safety boats)
- The gate should always remain locked. Wear gloves opening/closing the gate
- No kitchen facilities. Access to the kitchen and blue rooms is strictly prohibited
- Access to bins and skips is strictly prohibited (please take your rubbish with you
- There will be no hot water
- There will be no access to power, air compressor, hose pipes etc
- The training barn, start-hut and camping fields will be out of bounds
- Picnic tables and BBQ’s are out of bounds
- All dogs under close control on a lead
- There will be no safety cover. The club rowing boat will be available by the race hut strictly for emergency use only and disinfected after use (unlock code is the same as the new clubhouse code)
- Sailing – must be a competent sailor able to cope with prevailing conditions without any form of assistance.
- No swimming
- Numbers limitations; book slots through the website
- Boats & kayaks / SUP’s / RC Boats – 12 household units* maximum, 3 hrs (NB Only one session per household, per weekend)
- Park 4m apart.
- Social distancing. Strictly minimum 2m apart at all times, including 2-man boats (unless within your household group)
- No changing facilities available. Arrive and depart ready to get wet or change discretely in car park
- Clubhouse access for toilets only. One person at a time, use the ‘Occupied’ signs and do not move barriers. If you accessed the Clubhouse, you must wipe down all surfaces and handles touched with soapy water, wipes and/or disinfectant. Ladies and Gents changing areas and showers are strictly out of bounds
- The slipways should only be used to launch and recover boats; do not loiter there. Launching trollies must be returned to berths
- No congregating inside or outside
- No camping or caravanning
* A household unit is an individual member or the family group regardless of the number of boats used and will be a single booking.