Members Booking and Access
We are delighted to announce the restarting of sailing and racing starting 2 December following the November lockdown. We have taken advice from the RYA and have reviewed the government guidance. We must, however, adhere to some restrictions which I outline below:
- Clubhouse restrictions - You can use the clubhouse to use the toilets and one member at a time can enter to prepare hot drinks to bring outside. The showers and changing rooms remain off-limits unless it is an emergency eg; a sailor has gone into the water and needs to warm up.
- Social distancing - Although organised sport like sailing is permitted to gather, you should maintain social distancing from anyone who is not in your household/bubble. This means maintaining 2 meters between members and remaining outdoors.
- Booking - You need to book before you attend the club for any reason. You may sign on for more than one session per day.
- 9:30 to 12:30
- 13:00 to 16:00
- 16:30 to 19:30
- Racing - If you are racing, please use the links on the calendar to sign on for the individual races in which you wish to participate.
- NHS test and trace app - please scan in using the NHS Covid-19 app and the QR codes on the gates and doors if possible. We understand that not everyone has been successful in downloading and making the app work.
- Travelling from other tiers - Please follow the regulations for the government tier for your area. If you are in a tier 3 area, you should not attend the club.
- Covid-19 symptoms - Do not attend the club if you display symptoms of Covid-19 or have been asked to isolate or have been in contact with anyone who might have Covid.
- Assess your personal risk - Please take your age, personal medical or other circumstances into consideration when you are deciding whether to attend the club.
It is our personal responsibility as members to operate within the relevant government guidelines and the Exec committee’s responsibility is to set operating practices that support this for all. Only by getting both these elements right can we carry on sailing and keep everyone safe.
LIMITED RETURN TO RECREATIONAL SPORTING ACTIVITY
The critical core measures remain the same:
- Maintain strict Social Distancing.
- Maintain rigorous Hygiene Standards.
- Do not come to the Club if you have a temperature or been in contract with someone with Covid symptoms in the last 14 days.
All existing club rules are still in force supplemented by the following:
- All activity must be recreational only
- There will be no access to any club boats (hire, training, juniors, sailability, safety boats)
- The gate should always remain locked. Wear gloves opening/closing the gate
- No kitchen facilities. Access to the kitchen and blue rooms is strictly prohibited
- Access to bins and skips is strictly prohibited (please take your rubbish with you
- There will be no hot water
- There will be no access to power, air compressor, hose pipes etc
- The training barn, start-hut and camping fields will be out of bounds
- BBQ’s are out of bounds
- All dogs under close control on a lead
- There will be no safety cover. The club rowing boat will be available by the race hut strictly for emergency use only and disinfected after use (unlock code is the same as the new clubhouse code)
- Sailing – must be a competent sailor able to cope with prevailing conditions without any form of assistance.
- No swimming
- Numbers limitations; book slots through the website
- Boats & kayaks / SUP’s / RC Boats –
- Park 4m apart.
- Social distancing. Strictly minimum 2m apart at all times, including 2-man boats (unless within your household group)
- No changing facilities available. Arrive and depart ready to get wet or change discretely in car park
- Clubhouse access for toilets only. One person at a time, use the ‘Occupied’ signs and do not move barriers. If you accessed the Clubhouse, you must wipe down all surfaces and handles touched with soapy water, wipes and/or disinfectant. Ladies and Gents changing areas and showers are strictly out of bounds
- The slipways should only be used to launch and recover boats; do not loiter there. Launching trollies must be returned to berths
- No congregating inside or outside
* A household unit is an individual member or the family group regardless of the number of boats used and will be a single booking.