Members Attendance Booking
We are delighted to announce the restarting of sailing and racing starting 29th March 2021 following the national lockdown. We have taken advice from the RYA and have reviewed the government guidance. We must, however, adhere to some restrictions which I outline below:
- Clubhouse restrictions - You can use the clubhouse to use the toilets and one member at a time can enter to prepare hot drinks to bring outside. The showers and changing rooms remain off-limits unless it is an emergency eg; a sailor has gone into the water and needs to warm up.
- Social distancing - Although organised sport like sailing is permitted to gather, you should maintain social distancing from anyone who is not in your household/bubble. This means maintaining 2 meters between members and remaining outdoors.
- Booking - Whilst we have no restrictions on numbers you need to book before you attend the club for any reason, this helps us to meet our requirements as a club for track and trace purposes. You may sign on for more than one session per day.
- 9:30 to 12:30
- 13:00 to 16:00
- 16:30 to 19:30
- Racing - If you are racing, please use the links on the calendar to sign on for the individual races in which you wish to participate.
- NHS test and trace app - please scan in using the NHS Covid-19 app and the QR codes on the gates and doors if possible. We understand that not everyone has been successful in downloading and making the app work.
- Covid-19 symptoms - Do not attend the club if you display symptoms of Covid-19 or have been asked to isolate or have been in contact with anyone who might have Covid.
- Assess your personal risk - Please take your age, personal medical or other circumstances into consideration when you are deciding whether to attend the club.
It is our personal responsibility as members to operate within the relevant government guidelines and the Exec committee’s responsibility is to set operating practices that support this for all. Only by getting both these elements right can we carry on sailing and keep everyone safe.